SPAY/NEUTER CAN BE AFFORDABLE!
Were you holding off on spay/neuter of your pet due to the usual cost of several hundred dollars? If so, then you probably did not know that Hampton Roads has several low-cost spay/neuter and general pet wellness clinics that offer quality service at very reduced rates. Spay/neuter of a larger dog is typically in the $100 range, while spay/neuter of a cat averages $60.
Feral Cats: Please note some clinics will offer special “feralcat/neighborhood stray” packages that include spay/neuter, Rabies vaccine, and eartipping for as little as $45. We can offer some guidance/assistance with trapping feral cats. If you would like help, please click here.
Hampton Roads is very fortunate to have the following low-cost clinics. In addition to spay/neuter, they provide general wellness care (vaccines, heartworm preventive), and often will do surgeries. Each clinic is independently operated, so please contact them directly to ensure pricing and eligibility.
- Norfolk SPCA call 757-383-6620 or 757-622-3319
- Virginia Beach SPCA call 757-427-0070
- Virginia Beach SPCA neuter scooter(mobile clinic that travels throughout Hampton Roads) call 757-427-0070 option 1
- Chesapeake Humane Society call 757-546-5355
- Portsmouth Humane Society call 757- 397-6004
- Suffolk Humane Society call 757-538-3030 and press 1
- Animal Resource Foundation (ARF) call 804-694-0349 (Gloucester, VA )
No More Chasin’ Tails, 757-255-8804 (Newport News, VA)
- Virginia’s Low-Cost Clinics
- Low-Cost Clinics Across the US