Are you holding off on spaying/neutering your pet due to the cost? Did you know that Hampton Roads has several low-cost spay/neuter clinics that offer quality service at very reduced rates? Compared to spay/neuter at a private veterinary practice, these surgeries cost hundreds less at low-cost clinics, averaging $60 (cats) to $150 (dogs). In many cases, too, you’re supporting a local nonprofit by utilizing their veterinary services.
In addition to spay/neuter, local low-cost clinics provide general wellness (vaccines, heartworm and flea preventives, etc.), and other medical procedures at reduced rates. Each clinic is independently operated, so please contact them directly for pricing and eligibility.
- Chesapeake Humane Society
- Fixin’ to Save Spay & Neuter Clinic (Gloucester, VA )
- No More Chasin’ Tails (Newport News, VA)
- Norfolk SPCA
- Peninsula SPCA (Newport News, VA)
- Suffolk Humane Society
- Virginia Beach SPCA
- Virginia Beach SPCA neuter scooter (mobile clinic that travels throughout Hampton Roads)
- Low-Cost Vet Care (comprehensive guide from Portsmouth Humane Society)
- SPCA of Northeastern North Carolina (Elizabeth City, NC)
- Virginia’s Low-Cost Clinics
Please use our contact form for information about financial assistance for spay/neuter.
Some clinics offer “feral/community cat” packages that include spay/neuter, Rabies vaccination, and eartipping for as little as $45. Our program can offer guidance with TNR and some financial assistance: artTNR@gmail.com